It’s the new year. Time to get productive. Whether you goals are in your weight loss and exercise programs, or career-oriented, we can always benefit from more productivity.
But what if productivity is hard to come by? What if procrastination is more your style?
This is where creativity can be of great benefit. Thus, it’s time to focus on creating rather than producing.
And since January is National Creativity Month, there’s no better time than now to think creatively with regard to your 2018 goals.
Often, it’s the things that we fear the most that end up changing us the most and lead to becoming more creative in our life.
Here’s some creative ways to begin harnessing your creativity:
1. Before implementing your workout program for 2018, encourage someone else to do it along with you. Enlisting a buddy creates motivation from two brains rather than one. Not only will you have more accountability, but you’ll have fresh workout ideas from a brain other than yours.
2. During the start of your work week, personalize your work space with creative, “stress-less” items. To avoid burnout and remind yourself to do the best job you can at what you do, it’s important to have stress-relieving items visible and available to keep you productive. Think: Blue-blocking lenses for computer strain, candles (flame-less if you can’t burn them at your place of work), headphones to listen to relaxing music, essential oils to sniff when you need a pick me up, and perhaps even an exercise mat to take a break through your day with some stretches. Less stress leads to more productivity.
3. Once a week, set aside time to try something new or challenging in your life. It could be as simple as talking to that co-worker who intimidates you, or trying the spin class at the gym you never imagined yourself doing. Often, it’s the things that we fear the most that end up changing us the most and lead to becoming more creative in our life.
Creativity isn’t about becoming the first and only person on the planet to think of an idea. With regards to productivity, creativity is about connecting ideas.
4. Finish one thing. Many of us have all these irons in the fire that have yet to be finished. Before you can harness creativity in one area, you need to finish another. Take that task or that project you’ve been putting off and schedule it to be done. Give yourself a deadline of when it has to be done. Then, take a deep breath of fresh creativity for the next project.
5. Talk Story. In Hawaiian culture, talk story is simply to take the time to sit and chat, listen, and learn from others. Take time for others around you at the gym, or in your same field and ask them what inspires them, what creative workouts they’ve come up with that are effective, or defining career moves they’ve made. Sometimes we learn best from humans rather than hardcover books.
And don’t allow the ego to take over. Creativity isn’t about becoming the first and only person on the planet to think of an idea. With regards to productivity, creativity is about connecting ideas.
Connecting with people is a huge part of Juvo Board’s mission. So to challenge your creativity, and spur you on to more productivity with your Juvo Board, we have designed at “Get On Board & Get Creative” Juvo Challenge for January.
We want to see your most unique and creative move on the Juvo Board! During the month of January, hop on your Juvo Board and shoot a quick video or moving picture of your favorite unique exercise. The winner will receive free Juvo Board swag (some sweet apparel) and have their video featured on our social media!
Here’s the details:
- Record a quick video or take some snapshots of your favorite exercise showcasing your most creative move. (One minute or less for social media purposes).
- Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include a brief description of the exercise, how to do it, how your creative juices came up with it and why you like it. Include your name and phone number as well.
- The deadline for submission is Feb 2nd.
- The winner will be notified by email and phone on Feb 4th.
- Prize: Juvo Board apparel and social media feature
Creativity builds community. Creativity also builds productivity, as it gives incentive to produce greatness! As our community of “Juvo-tees” grows, we are honored to have you as one of them, and excited to produce some new effective programs for you. We creatively endeavor to inspire you to produce lasting results as well as attain your goals, whatever they may be.
So, who’s up for a challenge?
“Assist to Attain” – Juvo Board.